Saturday, March 2, 2013

First Email Home!

Hey guys before I post the email and the pictures, I want you to know that I am editing it. Hermana Gutknecht is having a really hard time in the MTC. Harder than what was expected. If you could message her using DearElder.com before 12 Mountain Standard Time on Monday, we would all appreciate it! This is the information you'll need to do so. She really needs letters of encouragement at this time.
Sister Crystal Lynn Gutknecht
MTC Mailbox # 127
CA-CARL 0409
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793


The MTC is so hard. I'm so discouraged. The first day of class Hermano A spoke only Spanish. I know that's the best way to learn but it was overwhelming. We were expected to teach a lesson in Spanish on the 2nd full day. I DONT KNOW SPANISH. My companion, Hermana McBride tried her best to speak and get the lesson across but she still struggled. I literally could not say anything. I bore my testimony in Spanish and I think it brought the spirit because our investigator, R, started tearing up. I don't know maybe that's part of the act. I keep praying for the gift of tongues but I know I need to put my effort in I just don't know how. I feel like they just through us into the wolves with no preparation. I wish they would teach us how to study and the best way to use our resources but I just don't know where to start. All the older missionaries say make it to Sunday and you'll be fine and the language comes. It's just so hard knowing I'm a great missionary but can't show it because i can't speak the language. It's frustrating having so much to say and share about this amazing gospel but not able to because of the language.  I need to learn how to study and learn this language or I'm not going to make it. Please pray for me. My companion is sweet we have a lot in common and a lot of differences but our weaknesses compliment each other. She's better with the language and I'm better with the gospel knowledge and finding scriptures. We had our first lesson last night and are expected to have another lesson prepared by tonight AND a Sunday talk in Spanish by tomorrow. I DONT HAVE ENOUGH TIME. We are always going always have something to do. I'm so exhausted already. I miss you all but don't have enough time to be homesick. I have too much to do. The spirit is strong here with so many worthy missionaries together at one time. My district is awesome we have a lot of fun together. I am in the most historic district of more sisters than elders for the first time ever. Such an amazing time to be here. Please email my next PDay is Friday but use DearElder I need a pep talk before Friday haha they print them out that day if you submit before noon mountain time. The Salt Lake Temple was perfect I loved it. I need prayers. Lots of prayers. I love you so much.
Te amo
Hermana Gutknecht


Hermana Gutknecht and her companion!
 Hermana Gutknecht and some other sisters from her district!


No comments:

Post a Comment