Saturday, July 27, 2013

I love writing home about all our AWESOME miracles! This week has beeeeeeen beautiful! :D
We went on exchanges with our Sister Training Leaders, I stayed in my area and hna Jones went to Vista. We set 2 1/2 baptism dates! We went to visit a guy we contacted before and Hna W and I made it into a game. We both set goals for the lesson and whoever did the best had to buy the other a snocone. My goals were smiling while teaching (I focus too much on the Spanish and look angry when I'm trying to teach this beautiful message haha) and not correcting my Spanish. Hna Whicker talks a lot so her goal was to teach simply in 3 sentences. We both FAILED hahahaha it was SO hard! But the main goal was to teach a brief but effective Restoration lesson and invite to be baptized and we did! August 24. Then we went to visit J, she was raised in the church but never had the chance to be baptized. We thought something that would hold her back was she was living with the father of her child and we thought they weren't married buuuuut as of December I guess they are! So we read in the BOM about baptism and invited her to be baptized on August 24. She was s excited she said yes that's what Ive always wanted, I feel like I have the Spirit with me sometimes but it's only half way and I want my husband to understand that its a commitment, im not just going to get baptized and then quit going to church. She just has to find a way to get Sundays off of work. :D Annnnd we got a member referral who said a young lady wanted to meet with us. We had to skip language study for it but it was sooooo worth it! Her name is L, she's 17 and friends with Hna A's son because they do track together. She straight up told us she was to change to Mormon. Shes English speaking so we went ahead and taught her the first lesson but explained we'd have to send the English missionaries after. She's so excited to learn. She already had a BOM, For Strength of Youth, and Faith in God for girls hahaha all in her backpack! She said she wants to be baptized but needs to talk with her family first. Shes so cute! She told me before we left, "I was kinda scared to come because S wasnt here. but then I realized you were young and pretty so it was okay." hahahahaha! We taught E, shes pretty much a dry Mormon, comes t church ever Sunday with her girls, watches GC, todos. Weve talked about baptism several times but she always says theres things in her life she needs to fix but we knew there was something deeper, we just couldnt get it out of her! Hna W helped us find her concern so we now have more direction on how we can help her reach the waters of baptism. Yay!
We set ANOTHER baptismal date after the exchange with V. August 24 tambien! Im so excited he's golden! Im so glad we've followed the spirit in finding him.
We had another lesson with J (25) and A (18) and it was great. We taught the Restoration and they really liked it. J has been through a lot but is trying to change and get everything back in order. He has so much potential. A has a close friend whos a member but she wasnt able to make it to our cita. We invited them both to be baptized but Juan is afraid hes going to do it and then screw up again and doesnt want to do that. So we asked him to pray and read the BOM to find more peace about it. When we asked A he said hes learning a lot and then J TESTIFIED to his little brother. It was beautiful. He said Ive made a lot of mistakes in my life but youve been the strong one in the family and learned from my mistakes and youre propable the best one out of our whole family and I know that baptism will just make you even stronger and help you stay on the right path. MAN! The power of a brother testifying what so incredible. J gave the closing prayer and thanked God for putting us in his path so he could learn more and have this conversation with his brother that he probably wouldnt have otherwise. awwww!
We taught R again! We hadnt heard from him in awhile so we stopped by his house Saturday night to invite him to church. He said he was debating on going and when we showed up he knew he needed to go. We set expectations and told him we're hear to teach and help him but if he doesnt want to learn anymore then thats okay but our purpose as misisonaries is to help him learn but we cant do that if he always cancels citas or doesnt do his part. So we set a cita for after church and we invited our ward mission leader to come with us. We had planned to teach the plan only because that was the next lesson (bad on our part we teach people NOT lessons) we told R (mission Leader) and he was like do you think thats what he really needs? We were like NO! We both could not study for him that morning we were stumped something just wasnt right. So R helped us figure out what he needs and make a game plan. We had our lesson and R laid it down on him (in love of course) but pretty much talked about diligence, line upon line, todos. He asked him where he wants to see himself in 2 years spiritually and what hes going to do to get there. So he now understands he has to do his part to see changes in his life and to get closer to God. We stressed how much potential we see in him and R even told him that he can see him being not just a member of the church but a leader. And its true! It was a great lesson and we will be teaching him tonight and working on setting a baptismal date he can work towards. :) Say a prayer for us!
We went to our apointment with L (the first baptismal date we set this week) and he wasnt home. BUT we were still in the right place at the right time because a member walked by who lives near him and we asked him how he was doing. He said not very good. he has a son hes been having a lot of problems with the last 2 years, he told us thats why he didnt come to church because they got in a fist fight and he was angry. I had just gotten a letter from my brother the day before that was so powerful describing the changes hes making in his life. I was able to testify to him with so much power that I know for a fact people can change. I told him I know how he feels and I understand how hard it is on the family. I told him Ive always had a spot in my heart for Alan because he does remind me of my brother. Hno R was like I understand now why youve been the one always trying to push him along, inviting him to church and lessons when everyone else just gave up. I told him that is the reason because I know he can change. I know because Ive seen the changes in my brothers life and Im going to help his son. He thanked us and gave us a time we can come over this week. I know A is one of the people Ive been sent her to rescue and Ive been pleading with the Lord to help me find a way to do that.
Our Zone Leaders were so excited this week because we met almost every single one of our goals. It was the best week so far. We worked so hard and stayed focused and Heavenly Father blessed us so much!
Man, how great is this work of our Lord and Savior?!

No comments:

Post a Comment