Sunday, July 14, 2013

This week has been insane but great all at the same time. The good times outweigh the bad. Seems to be the theme every week of the mission. :)
Our district just hiked up this super steep hill that felt like a mountain today. It was intense. My calves hurt and I looked like a Mexican by the time we got to the bottom again I was so dirty haha I only almost died like 5 times but it was an adventure! So fun and then we ate donuts to make up for all the calories we burned ;)
We're teaching a lady named E, her 7 year old daughter said she wants to be a missionary just like us. :) CUTE!
We contacted a family the other day and had a beautiful miracle with them. This little 8 year old girl named L and her brother J and his girlfriend C. They said we could come back and we tried and tried but they were always busy so we've just been teaching L. She loves us and loves learning about God. One day we were teaching her and J said dont worry we want to hear what you have to say, come back tomorrow at this time. We were like well okay! We went there the next day and L answered the door and said they were about to fall asleep. We said we'd try another time but L was like "well you can just teach me if you want!" We had already taught her the restoration so we went back to the car to get the plan pics we use to teach kids the plan of salvation. We started teaching her and she was like hmmm wait a second im gonna go see if theyre awake. They were so she made them come outside and learn with her. She's our little angel miracle worker. The plan ended up being exactly what J and C needed to hear. If we had started with the Resto with them I dont think they would have felt the spirit as strong and allowed us back. But the plan ended up being perfect. In the beginning J said i just want to know what my purpose is in this life. We promised him if he would listen to our message he will feel and know what it is. By the end he said I feel something, something different, I dont know how to describe it but it feel good. He asked his girlfriend how she felt and she said good too. I testified to them that that was the Holy Ghost testifying that what we're teaching them is true and it is of God. J said I know what my purpose is I need to keep learning from you guys I need this in my life and this will give my mom the peace she needs to be able to leave us without worry because she'll know that I know God. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL! Our little angel didnt even stay for the whole lesson but she asked for a Spanish BOM so she can read with her mom. We LOVE  her!!!
We finally taught R! Hes the one who chased us down for the BOM awhile back. He comitted to baptism but not a date yet. We'll keep working with him :)
We taught V! We found him awhile back right when he found out he had cancer. He's been in the hospital ever since but we walked past his house and I felt prompted to knock his door again. He was home and feeling better and said we could come back Sunday. We did and shared the Resto with him and he comitted to baptism as well! He said hes coming to church this Sunday as well. Yay!
The work is going great here and it's amazing to see how Heavenly Father has every tine detail planned out so perfectly. I know this church is true. Every bit of it. The work is joyful, it's hard some days but these beautiful miracles make up for it even more! We walk when we don't want to walk and we talk when we don't want to talk. I love being a missionary and I love serving my Heavenly Father.
I got a blessing the other day from our DL and a part that really stuck out to me was that I need to push forward and keep working hard to find those that I promised Heavenly Father in the pre-existence that I would help find the Gospel. Tears came to my eyes as I realized this was the reason I've always had such a powerful desire to serve a mission. I promised to before I even came to earth!
Hermana Gutknecht :D

No comments:

Post a Comment