Tuesday, August 13, 2013

One more transfer in the Dirty Dido!

Escondido, la tierra de los milagros!
I love it here. I was so scared I would get transfered but I had this feeling in my heart I have more work to do here. I prayed and prayed for Heaveny Father to let me continure working here. I promised Him I would work even harder than before if He let me stay. Transfer call came, I felt sick to my stomach of the though I could possible leave. 4 missionaries were leaving. My companion and I held hands and held our breath. SAFE! Heavenly Father knows me and loves me and heard my prayers. He has more work for me to do here. There are people here that I still need to help and Ive got another 6 weeks to do it. Estoy muy feliz. :)
R is progressing well. For some reason he enjoys only coming to church every other Sunday :/ but he's making great baby steps since the day we first met back in May. We taught the plan of Salvation this week and tried to help him see how far he's come and he just needs to stay on this path and he will be fine. I'm really attached to him. 'Ive cried for him, Ive studied, Ive exhausted all my faculties to try to find how I can help him keep making steps to baptism. I feel so strongly that he will one day be a leader in the church and thats why Satan is tearing him down making him feel like he cant do it. My heart ached with the thought Id be transferred and not be able to finish teaching him. Hes one of those I promised to help in the premortal world and Heavenly Father knew I needed to stay, if only for him.
A is progressing well too. He committed to come to church this Sunday so we will see how that goes. He's been reading but not praying too much. Its hard for Catholics to get used to pray when it's not memorized, they feel so awkward haha but he's getting there, step by step.
A lot of our investigators have awesome potential but they are so scared of pressure and moving too fast. Building their faith is the first step of the gospel though. we can't just jump to baptism or the 4th article of faith would be a lot different haha
E is doing well, we got a picture book of mormon for her and her daughters and they love it. Theyve been reading a lot more. We finally had a chastity lesson with her but we were not as bold as we should have been... We regretted it after we left and when we got to our correlation meeting with our ward mission leader he told us he received revelation that he needs to tell the missionaries to remember who we are. We are personal representative of Jesus Christ and we have a missionary mantle placed on our shoulder that we wont feel until we are released. We get so used to it we forget our duty and obligation but we must remember we represent Christ and we must say and do what He would say and do if He were walking the earth. He then challenged us to give out 2 copies of the Book of Mormon that night. We knew that revelation was for us. We left and knew we had to go talk to E again. We stopped by her house with hearts pounding knowing we needed to be bold as Christ would for her salvation depends on it. We didnt know what to do. I received revelation during our pray to give her the Chastity pamphlet and have her read the scriptures and questions in the back. We got to her door, she had company, she was about to leave, Satan didnt want us to do our job. Hermana Jones asked to use her bathroom, went and prayed and received revelation on what to do now. She pulled E aside and told her we felt we needed to come back and talk more, gave her the pamphlet and asked her to do those things because we love her and want to help her reach the desires of her heart. It didnt go according to plan but we did what we needed to do and will continue working with her and being bold.
It was getting late, we had tracting planned and hadn't given out any copies of the BOM. I prayed and prayed to be able to do it. We only took two copies out with us, one in Englisha and one in Spanish. We were able to testify with the Holy Ghost of the power of the BOM and we gave out 2 BOMS that night- one in SPanish and one in english. We have a potential investigator and one for the ENglish Elders. Blessings! Miracles! God answers prayers!
Funny story:
We ran out of toilet paper. It wasnt pday and we wanted to be exactly obedient... so in the morning when we realized we were out we MIGHT have put on our running clothes and shoes, ran to Ihop, used their bathroom and stuffed toilet paper in our pockets.... then called our investigator to ask for toilet paper. Probably the funniest text of our missions. But we got toilet paper, fear not little flock! The Lord provides! 
bahahahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment