Sunday, July 7, 2013

Greenie Break!

Wow. One of the most trying, insane, tiring, growing, learning, miracle weeks of the mission. I don't even know where to begin...
Tuesday we said goodbye to President and Sister Cook. We had a special transfer meeting to say goodbye and switch things around to get ready to welcome President and Sister Kendrick today. Hermana Schwegler got switched to English work... =O She was sad but she loves the work more than the language so I know she'll be okay. Remember that Hermana I went on an exchange with that was older than me in the mission but I had better Spanish? She's my companion now... Needless to say it was rough the first few days. She's Senior Companion but I feel like I am because it's in my area so I know the people and I have to be the one to plan know where to go because she's still leanring the area. I know that Heavenly Father prepared me for this through all the exchanges I went on taking "the lead" in my area.  But it was still REALLY hard.  Tears were shed, overwhelming feelings of fear, hesitation, doubt, frustration, todos. But prayer, dilligence, and hard work can fix anything! I was trained well, I know how to work, and I know how to rely on the Lord. We're both really young in the mission so sometimes it's hard to communicate in Spanish because we're both at about the same level. But I've noticed when it's something important, we're able to understand, when it's not then we don't as much but that's okay. The Holy Ghost helps us understand what we need in order to do the work. It took a few days to get on our feet but we ended up seeing miracles and having one of the best weeks we've had in awhile! I'd been praying for paciencia and Heavenly Father answered haha He's so funny sometimes. :p As I pray for paciencia (I dont know how to spell that in english anymore) and love for my companion and the people, I'm able to recognize more clearly the attributes they have that Heavenly Father loves about them. I'm learning the true meaning of "the pure love of Christ." It's crazy how much my feelings have changed for people and how I can see the good more than the annoying things that don't really matter. 
We had 4 investigators at church on Sunday! The most we've had all transfer! Miracle? I think, yes. 
C and C! Oh my goodness they are golden! They told us that they had been going to a church previously and just didn't feel right about it. They decided it was between Jehovahs Witness or Mormon. They felt like they should go to the Mormon church so they walked to the church on a weekday, banged on the door but no one was there. They wanted to know how to contact someone from this church. The landscaping people were there and told them what time it opened on Sundays, so the next Sunday they were there. They went to the English service 3 times and said they felt like this was the true church, the feeling there was different than anything, they found the love and peace they were searching for. They found out that we services in Spanish and they searched for the missionaries. They found us and asked us to teach them. We've been teaching them ever since, they come to church every Sunday, and always tell us how much they love us for helping them know the truth. We just have to finish teaching them and they'll be baptized soon! Beautiful miracle!
We have a lot of investigators who want to be baptized but something is holding them back. We're trying to find their concerns or doubts but man, it's tough sometimes! We picked up 4 new investigators this week, Escondido is the land of miracles! 
We're praying for 3 baptisms this transfer! We've been working our faces off, Heavenly Father is going to bless us to help these people come unto Him. Im so tired. But I feel like a real missionary now without my trainer, doing everything on my own. (well with the help of my comp and the Holy Ghost of course)
We contacted this man in his yard, he was looking at us so I just said Hola como esta? and he was so surprised he was like you speak spanish? We were like of course! He died laughing he was like that's so cool I would have never guessed you two white girls could speak spanish! We invited him to English class because he wasn't interested in our message BUT maybe something will come out of it if he comes. :)
It's been a rough week, I'm exhausted, but I feel good about the work we're doing here. I know Heavenly Father is pleased. :)

LOVE YOU ALLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment