Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Well tomorrow I lose my trainer and my title as a "greenie" SAD! It's been a fast 2 transfers and I got gipped a week because of the mission split :( But my trainer is so good she trained me in 11 weeks easy! I'm going to miss her so much, she's taught me so much and is such an example to me. I've learned so much be the small things she does every day, she has so many attributes of Christ that makes her such an amazing missionary. I want to be like her when I grow up! :D 
Missionary work is so amazing. There is so many changes being made to allow us to more fully help the Lord hasten His work. It's such an exciting time to be a missionary, I'm so blessed to be out here to watch everything change! In the Guia of the Spanish BOM it says so simply that missionary work is by word AND example. Never forget how much you can influence someone by your actions. Strive every day to develop attributes of Christ: Faith, Hope, Charity & Love, Virtue, Patience, Humility, Diligence, and Obedience. Pray for them as they are gifts from God that He will help you develop as you pray and try every day to develop these attributes. Member missionary work is SO important. If you lead by example, others will notice and desire what you possess. Full-time missionaries are here to assist YOU in helping YOUR friends learn the Gospel. This is so much more useful than us knocking door after door. So Members, get involved! Get excited about helping the Lord gather the harvest. Even if you don't think someone is interested, lead by example, open your mouth and invite! You have a responsibility as a member of the church to share the Gospel. You know how happy you are with the Gospel in your life, you know the joy this knowledge brings, why not share it with everyone? 
Also, I know I can't even talk about this because I was a failure at it, but as a missionary I now see the HUGE importance of Home and Visiting teaching! We're having a very hard time in our ward right now. We have the highest baptizing ward but awful retention! Missionaries can't do it all. We need the members help in fellowshipping new members and visiting inactives to help them remember what they're missing. GO VISIT YOUR FAMILIES! Right now! :D
Man, I love serving the Lord everyday! I've come to realize that we're really not teaching anything new. We are all literally spirit children of God, and because of this the Holy Ghost can testify to our spirits of truth. Before this life we all heard our Heavenly Father explain this beautiful plan He has for us, at the veil we forgot all these things so we have to walk by faith in this life. Our Spirits haven't forgotten though, as missionaries we're actually just teaching our brothers and sisters things they have already heard before this life, and the Holy Ghost can testify to them, through us, that it is of God. Amazing, right?! 
We have been finding a lot of people to teach but none are progressing towards baptism right now. We continue working with them but they have to be ready to hear and accept our message. We've had to drop a few beautiful families but we know in our hearts, one day another set of missionaries will find them again at a time that they are ready to accept the Gospel. We're planting seeds so no worries. :) 
The church is true! I see a witness of that every single day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment