Saturday, June 8, 2013

I'm growing up!

Being a greenie with an STL (Sister Training Leader) makes me grow up fast! This week has been a week of growth and taking the lead. My DL (District Leader) told me "There's no growth in your comfort zone and no comfort in your growing zone." Sooooo true!
Well my trainer had a superrrrr long leadership meeting on Friday with Pres Cook. This was when i was able to go to the Marine base to renew my ID but when i got back I still had hours to wait. Not wanting to waste any of the Lord's time I was about to study for all our lessons for the day, finish weekly planning, call our investigatoors, reschedule appointments, make sure my DL could still give our investigator a blessing, everything! All by myself! My trainer was so proud that she had a greenie that could take care of things all day while she was busy. It felt good that I could take responsibility and my trainer could just focus on her STL calling for the day. Along with her calling she has to go on exchanges with 6 other sisters. So I get to have the car keys and take the lead in my area. It's been great and I can see how well my trainer has trained me because I know how to do everything without depending on her. My Spanish is better than I thought! I went on an exchange with a Sister who is a transfer older than me and my Spanish miiiiight be better, not to toot my own horn but TOOT TOOT. My trainer said it's because I pray for the gift of tongues every day and I study diligently. She always tells me I'm one of the most diligent hard working missionaries. That's what I know I have to do for Heavenly Father to bless me to learn the language. I know I wouldn't be doing so well without the Lord's help, without hard work, and without diligent studies. I'm trying so hard, sometimes too hard. That's my perfectionist kicking in. My trainer is helping me with that. I always think even when I'm working myself as hard as I can and doing my best I feel like it's still not enough. She reminds me that it is and the Lord doesn't require me to run faster than i have strength. So I'm working on finding that balance and being happy with my best work.
Tuesday we had a beautiful blessing. J took us out to dinner because he's an RM and knows we don't get fed much. This old couple stopped at our table on the way out and asked us where we were from and said that it's good to see so many Sisters choosing to serve. When we were done with our meal J went to pay and they told us that couple had paid our ticket and left this note: heavenly Father loves His missionaries. Enjoy. SOOOOOO SWEET! I prayed for them that night that they would be blessed for that kind secret act of service. When we were heading out J opened up to us and told us he's been struggling a lot. We had a long talk and comitted him to read the BOM. He texted us that night and said "Thank you, your words brought comfort. You are the best Sister Missionaries I've met." :)
The work is going well, trying to help our investigators prepare for baptism. Missionary work is the best! I love the little miracles we see every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment