Wednesday, May 22, 2013

So, while we were tracting in an apartment complex, these kids we see every time decided to throw water balloons at us... -_- hahahaha And we were driving to an appt and saw C on the city bus, we rolled down the window and yelled "We love you!!!!!!!!!!!" and this big black bus driver man opened the window and shouted across the street "WE LOVE YOU TOOOOO!!!!!!" Funniest thing ever haha 
We gave a BOM to these guys we contacted and when we were walking to the car we turned around and he was sitting on the porch steps reading it. What a beautiful sight! ;p
We had this SWEET miracle happen Saturday night. We went to visit a potential investigator, the door was open and she was sitting on the floor feeding her dog breadsticks? haha anyways she saw us and was like "Otro dia Otro dia!" Another day! We were like well okay and walked away. There was a man in the house who walked passed the door, looked at us but didnt say anything. When we were almost to the street we heard someone yelling something. We turned around and this man was running after us asking if we had a folleto (pamphlet) Hna Shwegler was in shock and just handed him a BOM hahahaha it was hilarious. He was like dont you have something smaller? So she gave him the Restoartion pamphlet and the BOM and told him it was free. He asked when church was we told him tomorrow at 11:30, he was like man I have to work but I'll be there next time and Im gonna read all this. WHAT?! My trainer said never in her entire year of her mission has she had someone chase her down for what we have. We're going to teach him tonight hopefully. :) WOO HOO! We went to visit another potential, D, on Sunday with a member present, L. She's just about to graduate high school.  We sat down with D and taught the Restoration. We asked if he'd ever felt the spirit before he said no and we asked if that's something he wants, he said yes. We invited him to be baptized and told him this is how he could have the Spirit always. He said yes! June 22! After the lesson L complimented my Spanish. She was like I was waiting for you to mess up a word but you said everything perfect! YUS! haha Apparently she always corrected Hna Schwegler's last trainee's spanish and she asked to not bring her anymore because of it. I'm doing better than I give myself credit for :p
last night we had a lesson in which i felt, this is why I'm here. This is one of the people I was sent here specifically to help. Her name is G, she 19, divorced and has 2 kids. Obviously from just that you can tell she's faced a lot of trials in her life. She's less active and she finally opened up to us last night. A few weeks ago I felt impressed that she needed to read Mosiah 24 about burdens being lifted and bearing trials with patience and also to give her a talk on forgiveness. I thought maybe it was to help forgive her ex but last night we found out really what it is. She hadn't read what I left her with so we read it together. I shared my feelings about a certain verse and she opened up and told us she was adopted, her mom sold her in mexico. She has so much anger towards her mom and wants answers she cant get because she died a few years ago. I bore testimony to her of my experience with forgiveness and the Atonement, all 3 of us girls were tearing up the spirit was so strong. Hna Schwegler bore testimony too and it was just an amazing experience. Hna Schwegler said in the car, I know other missionaries could have helped her, but not like we can. With both of our experiences we have the power to help her in the way she needs. It was awesome! I love knowing that trials in my life are blessings because now like it says in Mosiah 24:14 I can stand as a witness of God that He does come to us in our afflictions. We met with C this morning and taught her about following the prophet. I shared my experience of following the call to serve a mission earlier from Pres Monsons revelation. i told her how me following the prohet is really following God because the prophet is Gods servant and what he said is from God. I told her how much I have been blessed as well as my family. We invited her to church again she started crying. She said I want to come to church, I want to get baptized, but I'm so poor I have to work. We told her we are going to help her find a new job and that she has so much faith and is such a precious daughter of God, He will bless her so she can be baptized. We're getting there!
The mission is exhausting in so many ways but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I've learned so much already and I'm closer to my Father in Heaven than I've ever been. I'm so thankful God trusts me enough to allow me to be an instrument in his hands, to bring His children - my brothers and sisters - closer to Him through baptism. 
Love you all, have a good week!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM AND DAD!

No comments:

Post a Comment