Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Next week we are going to the temple again! And we will be emailing on Tuesday, monday is a holiday or something. I dont know I just do what I'm told :p
R is so great! We reviewed the baptismal interview questions and he is so so so READY! He just needs to quit drinking coffee!
We had a fun lesson with C using dart guns and water bottles. Yes, we are fun missionaries! :D We went on exchanges and I was able to help a newer missionary with some of her struggles. It's crazy I'm not the new missionary anymore! Where is the time going?!
R asked us a long time ago to come to appointments with us but we haven't because he's not a member. But Thursday we had a lesson after English Class so we had a recent convert stay with us and R stayed too. Our investigator has a lot of doubts about the book of mormon and the church and R bore testimony to him that he used to be Atheist but has come to know for himself that this church is true. He even tried a different church just to make sure. He told him the only way he can know is to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it and he'll know it's true and this is the only true church. It was so powerful! He's going to help so many people with his testimony!
I went to my first quinceanos! So much fun! Mexicans know how to party... ;p It was killing me not being able to dance haha I was dancing in my chair and the members were cracking up!
How much did you just LOVE conference?! So great! So misionary minded! The time is now! Step it up members! :D
R came to all 4 sessions of conference and loved it all. After the one about attending all Sacrament meetings he leaned over to me and said "After my baptism, I cant miss?" hahaha I listened to 3 talks in Spanish until my head hurt. :p
We had a lesson with E... sad. We found out she doesn't have a testimony of ANYTHING. A week before her baptism. Gah. :( So we dropped the date and are working diligently with her to help her overcome her doubts. 
This reminded me of something my mission President said. He was helping us learn how to do a new numbering system for baptisms and then reemphasized that we're not about numbers. The numbers represent real people, our brothers and sisters we are helping come unto Christ. He said if we were a church about increasing numbers then we would be like other churches. Go into any other church and ask the pastor to join, he would probably gather your information and get you registered in some way. If someone walked into our church and asked the Bishop to become a member he would say YOU CAN'T. You can not become a member of this church until you have a personal witness and testimony that this is the true restored church of God, that the Book of Mormon is true and that the Priesthood authority is again restored to the earth through a living prophet. After learning from the missionaries, attending sacrament meetings, THEN you can be baptized and become a member. What a beautiful truth. We don't want to increase the numbers in our church, we want to increase how many of our brothers and sisters gain a testimony of the restored truths and enter into the waters of baptism, beginning their journey home to our Heavenly Father in the Celestial Kingdom. So, we will not baptize E until she had this deep and abiding testimony. She is reading the Book of Mormon and I trust in the promise that if anyone reads this book and prays sincerely, they WILL receive an answer.
I know this is the only true church on the face of the earth. I know it and I will not deny it. I cannot deny it.

Hermana Gutknecht

No comments:

Post a Comment