Tuesday, September 3, 2013

What a crazy week! I absolutely LOVE my companion! She's so fun, we laugh ALL the time. Laughing is good for the soul. ;)

We've had some fun contacts this week. One lady told us we were crazy in our hearts and minds, the next day an Atheist told us we were brainwashed, and then a man had the nerve to tell me I don't believe in Christ! Not gonna lie...I let myself be offended my that. Don't tell me I don't believe Jesus Christ is my Savior! But the Atheist guy that said we were brainwashed, by the end of our conversation he said he would pray to God to thank Him for not sending him to war. So we had some progress ;)

I had the weirdest moment at Zone Conference.. We got in groups to share our talks we had written about the Book of Mormon and to tell who would go first we did whoever was the youngest missionary (time-wise in the mission). And.... I WAS THE OLDEST. THE OLDEST! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH D:

R Update: He's a BALLER! For realz. He found out that our zone has a goal of 20 baptisms by the end of the year and he told us he wanted to help us reach it. He brought a FAMILY of 3 to CHURCH with him on Sunday!!! Afterwards he had them set an appointment with us to teach them. We're teaching them tonight and Reyes is coming with us. Seriously, my investigator is doing more missionary work than lifelong members -  STEP IT UP! hahahahahaha Last night he came to a FHE and a member asked him who he was and he said "Im an investigator... well I'm not investigating because I have a date!" :DDDD Made my heart smile!!!!! Everyone can see him changing. And most member treat him like a member because they probably think hes a member! He's going to be a leader in the church I just know it. He's so great! And Elder in my District that's been here the same time as me has seen him from day one and asked me last night what changed, he looks different. He is different. He started reading the Book of Mormon and he's been changing ever since. He's on 1 Nephi 20 now. :) We've been praying to see if we should change his date and make it closer so hopefully we'll know what to do soon.

Hermano R came to the FHE with his son A who I've been working with a lot. He told me A is doing a lot better thanks to me and all I've been doing to help him. It warms my heart to know I'm helping bring souls to Christ or BACK to Christ. It makes it all worth it knowing that my past experiences can help other families come back together, that I was sent here for that purpose because of who I am because of what I've been through. Its amazing, God's plan for each of us.

We had an amazing lesson this week with a family we had taught once awhile back. We finished the Restoration lesson and it was truly a beautiful experience. So we were knocking doors awhile back and a 17 yr old girl, L answered the door. Said she wasn't interested at all but thought her mom would love to hear our message so she gave us a time to come back to talk to her mom. We went back and taught the mom, V, and L decided to listen too with her twin sister L. We didn't get to finish the lesson but we tried to come back for the return appointment but they weren't home. They left a note on the door apologizing! So sweet! We finally were able to catch them at home again this week. V was busy cooking so we taught L and L the rest of the Restoration. Their friend showed up in the middle of it so we taught her too. When we got to the First Vision the mood changed, the Spirit swept into the room and everyone felt it. My companion shared the First Vision and all three of the girls wiped their eyes and said they'd never felt anything like that before. That it was beautiful, it felt good. We invited them to be baptized and they said they would think about it because they want that feeling with them forever. :')

I love every day here. Every day being able to share what I know with other people. Even when Im rejected or laughed at. Every no is one closer to a yes. Every no is just helping me get that much closer to the Elect, the prepared people Heavenly Father is putting in my path. I know the church is true. Every single part of it. I know who I am. I know Christ is my Savior. I represent Him every day through my words and actions. I am in the service of my Lord and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. It's hard to explain the feelings I have as a missionary. My Mission President said a quote that explained exactly how I feel about the mission.
"From the outside you can't understand it, from the inside you can't explain it."

No comments:

Post a Comment