Monday, September 9, 2013



So this has been an adventure-filled week! Not much with lessons just random fun times. Lessons are slow because we've stopped teaching most of our investigators so theres only a few left. We're working on finding new people, the Elect! 
So I bought a blender bottle to make meal replacement shakes in the morning, its has a little wire ball so you shake the bottle and it blends it. Well me being the blonde I am started shaking it before the top was completely one and the chocolately shake went all over our kitchen and my clothes. mmm :) yeah! Then we were tracting at a trailer park and we were walking up the stairs when my companion realized if the door opened it would smack her so she started coming down the stairs and we both somehow ended up falling, I dropped my scriptures so they went THUD THUD THUD down the stairs.... After hysterically laughing we regained our composure and knocked on the door hahahahahaha so awkwardly awkward. I love being a missionary ;) Ah man we were so tired that night we got done planning and were asleep by 10:10. Our DL called and neither of us heard, Hna Moffitt fell asleep praying. Those days are so great lol
We had lunch with a recent convert, A. He made so much shrimp. Actually it was more like garlic with a side of shrimp. We probably reeked for three days. Ive never eaten so much shrimp in my life. So much cholesterol. haha That day when we were walking to appointments we were so thirsty and neither of us had any water. We contacted this really nice man who offered us water. I love people like him! He came out with a little baby water bottle for each of us and Capri-Suns! We were so stoked for the Capri-Suns, it was so hot and we were SO thirsty. Then we contacted this lady right after who had two small children in a stroller, they looked so hot. The whole time we were talking to her Hna Moffit and I were both having the same internal struggle. "I really want to drink this Capri-Sun, its so cold and we're so hot. But these poor children, they probably need something to drink. But I want the Capri-Sun, but what about the children!" We finally overcame the natural man and gave our capri-suns to the children and the water bottle to the mom. It was hard, but I guess it was worth it.. I guess hahaha Then we finally got to where we were going and our recent convert asked if we wanted water. We said YES! She gave us warm soda..... made us even more thirsty. Then we made it to dinner, and what did she have to drink? Orange juice. We drank and drank but it didnt help. So our motto for the day was "Im full of cholesterol and Vitamin C!" haha 
We got to do service on Saturday for our less active Hermana R. I painted her door and Hna Moffitt painted part of the outside railing. She bought us both a mango to eat, I dont think Id ever had an actual mango before. It was pretty good. She had to teach me how to cut and eat it though haha and she came to church on Sunday because we helped her finish a lot so she didnt have to do it on Sunday! She bore a powerful testimony in RS about the power of Priesthood blessings. Her daughter was in an accident and ended up being in a coma, she recieved a blessing and her finger started moving and with time she came completely around and is fine. So great! 
We had a lesson with a new investigator, G, shes insane! We started talking about Joseph Smith and said one morning in the spring of 1820 Joseph blah blah blah we want to share his experience with you in his own words and Hna Moffit started reciting the First Vision and G interrupted her and said oh so this morning you saw a light? Noooooooo! hahaha oh man it was so chaotic she was crazy. And gave us a cup of water that tasted like fish. All around weird. 
We had an awesome dinner with R on Friday! He took us to a Oaxaquena restaurante (food from the part of Mexico he's from) it was sooooo good! Had some cactus again, prepared a different way but still really good. Annnnnnd we ate chapulines! Grasshoppers! It's a delicacy in Oaxaca, Mexico. We tried one first with nothing on it then with Limon and chile mmmmmm! YUM! Hahahaha they actually weren't bad. Crunchy little treat. One of the Mexican workers there hadnt even tried them. I was like what the heck, im white and Im eating it! hahaha It was a fun little adventure :)
Yesterday at church, in Gospel Principles they were talking about how if it werent for the missionaries a lot of them wouldnt be converted. R raised his hand, looked at us and said "Gracias! Gracias!" I love that man. :)

So Ive been thinking a lot about Enduring to the End. And I thought, to the end of what? To the end of life? To the end of trials? To the end of existence which has no end? An Hermana in my District shared this scripture that is so cool. D&C 19:1 Jesus Christ is the End! We have to endure to Jesus Christ, when we can live forever with Him and our Father in Heaven. Beautiful! 

Oh I forgot to add this to the email.
Our Zone went ice skating today! It was fun. Im glad I had some-sort of practice with Sammy before I left haha Now I can say Ive been ice skating in two of the most sun-shiney states - Florida and California! I didnt fall on my butt! But there was a 5 year old there who had been skating since April and she was doing all sorts of tricks and spins showing us all up lolz :D

No comments:

Post a Comment