Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Escondido Forever!

Still not getting transfered, but i'm totally okay with that. :D I love it here! But pretty sure this will be my last transfer here in the dirty Dido.

This week was pretty rough, our less active members have gone crazy, been doing some family damage control with them but praying all will be well. Satan really is attacking families so much, guard your homes against the adversary. We have the gospel of Jesus Christ to counter his efforts, we need to use it! We have power over Satan, he does NOT have power over us. 

Family Home Evenings are so much fun here. We've been bringing R and he loves it. Since Mondays are P-days I'm usually too lazy to do my hair so throw it up in a bun on the top of my head and go to Noche do Hogar like that. R called me Hermana Cebollita (little onion) haha
We taught at the NdH about Sacrafices as members of the church. R participated and said since he started investigating the church he doesn't watch as much TV anymore, now he's either reading the book of Mormon or thinking about church hahaha We ate some tacos and I put a bunch of spicy salsa on it and and Hermana in the ward said "Ella es mexicana!" (she is Mexican!) haha thanks family for helping me love spicy food before my mission :p 

R didnt come to church Sunday so we went to his house that night and what was he doing? Looking at pictures of temples online... how cool is that? :p 

We have 3 baptisms coming up Im super excited for. E Oct 12, R oct 19, and M nov 2

We taught a member referral last night and it was so awesome. It was in English, you know how hard it is to teach in English when you only ever teach in Spanish? We forgot to practice the first vision in english so we went over it real quick before we  went in and I thought I had it down but then when we were in the lesson and I went to say it, i totally blanked. But thats when I truly realized that im not the teacher, the Spirit is! Even though I didnt say it perfectly, the Spirit was there and M felt it. He said while I was reciting it, everything else tuned out and all he could hear was my voice and he felt a tingling sensation go from the top of his head to the bottom of His toes and he felt at peace and knew it was true. WOW!! It was incredible. We set a date with him in 6 weeks!

This transfer is gonna be the bestttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS. I think I broke my pinky by catching a falling banana... True story.

No comments:

Post a Comment