Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Miracles in Escondido!

Wow! We are being so blessed! We dropped like 15 investigators because they just weren't progressing. So we had ZERO. Needless to say we've been working our faces off with Finding and PRAYING HARDDDD! And God sends the miracles! :D First though, C hasn't developed enough faith to get Sundays off from work in order to come to church. So her bap date is pushed to the 25th of May. We'll keep working with her and praying for her.
I can now run the full 30 mins a day. It's true i can do all things through Christ who strengthens me hahahaha I had an amazing spiritual experience with my trainer the other day. We're practicing the Restoration lesson lately so I can take the lead in teaching it. In our practice I was doing the best I could with the Spanish and then got to the first vision and got out of character and just started saying it super fast cuz I knew it. My trainer was like slow down practice it for real. I backtracked and started over and oh my gosh the spirit came so strong. As I was saying the first vision in Spanish my trainer and I were both holding back tears from the overwhekming spirit that was there. The church is so TRUE! In any language!
We did a finding trick of "chalking" on a busy sidewalk. It was so fun! We wrote mormon.org and scriptures and questions of the soul. On the way we contacted everyone we met, gave out a BOM in English, and everything! It was great! Then we went tracting and a Mexican woman actually let us in and we taught her a short lesson and gave her a BOM in Spanish. 2 Boms in one day! WOOO! We're working with an inactive girl I think I can help a lot. She's going through a lot and I know my experiences will help her. I'm excited to talk to her again tonight. We do so much inactive work here.
Cholos, gangsters, they're insane! We have two inactive boys 12 and 14 all about the thug life. So we shared part of the Stripling Warrior story with them and asked them to relate it to their lives. The 14 yr old said you know I'm fighting a battle everyday with my friends in gangs but I never doubt my mom or God. IT'S SO SAD. We actually have a man in our ward who's story is in the movie Freedom Writers. He's the one that saw his friend get shot in the gas station. Glad he found the gospel!
I ate a Mexican popsicle with chile in it. Weird. lol We taught M and J!!!!!!! Our MIRACLE is becoming an even bigger MIRACLE! M investigated the church awhile back but J never did. We went to visit them again and C, the recent convert, came with us. We briefed her on who they were and what we'd be teaching and went in and SHE KNOWS J! J told us he was always busy and never home but every time we visit he just happens to be there. The last time we visited they were home but we couldn't teach him cuz we needed another woman. It was hard to turn around but we knew God would bless us for our obedience and HE DID. So because C was there I think was the only reason J stayed, he looked like he was on his way out. So we taught them and his little sisters the Restoration. M didn't seem too interested but J did. When we shared the JS story we asked him what he thought about is and he said "I really don't know what to say" The spirit was strong. Praying for more miracles with this beautiful family!
We went to visit A who has been a member her whole life but her paperwork got lost in Mexico so she has to be re-baptized. She's been struggling a lot with money and everything. She's been so upset and worried and depressed lately we decided to share Pres Uchtdorf's talk with her Forget Me Not. It was a great lesson. Most of it was in Ingles because the talk was in the Ensign not the Liahona. I bore testimony to her of my experience coming out of depression and learning to be happy and she cried and grabbed me and Hma Schwegler into her arms and we all just sat on the floor hugging and crying. She thanked us a million times for sharing that with her. I gave her the Forget Me Not bookmark mom sent me. I figured she will use it more than me. ;) MORE MIRACLES!
So we fasted on Sunday for member referrals because we need new investigators! Fasting works y'all. I have such a strong testimony of it BECAUSEEEEEE we got to church and were practically HANDED a baptism! They told us that our inactive family we've been trying to work with wants their son to be baptized on May 4. He barely turned 9 so they didn't realize he's considered a convert. So we get to teach him all the lessons before then! He's a sweet little boy, A, who has a learning disability. So hma Schwegler and I made an ugly little book with pictures to tell the story of the restoration. Him and his mom loved it! It was so awesome! So we're looking forward to his baptism. Seriously though, fasting, we got a member referral baptism just handed to us on a golden platter! Miracle!!
I've also been blessed with nice people on all my contacts and door approaches lol But we did get a basher the other day we wanted to bash his face in a wall. I'm glad I have such a strong testimony or he would have made me shake. It was rough. I regret not testifying to him because I knew I couldn't control my anger at that point but I repented and will testify to every basher I find from now on! And I'm praying for patience lol Well that's my exciting adventures for this week! Stay tuned for more! ;)

LOVE YOU ALLLLL!!!! :DDD

1 comment:

  1. You may already have this somewhere, but would it be possible to put contact info on the main sidebar anywhere? Also, can Sister Gutknecht receive emails from anyone or just family? If we are allowed to send her short notes via email, could you post that address for us, as well? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete