Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Hola!


So the plane ride was good. I sat next to an Elder and he sat next to a nonmember. He did so good bringing up the church and I backed him up with a mormon.org card ;) getting on this missionary thing! There were a few sisters who taught the person sitting next to them the first lesson and part of the second, he wants to learn more! We joked that this was the safest plane with so many missionaries praying for safety haha
We got to San Diego and met out Mission Pres and his wife with hugs! They're so nice. We had to travel in this super cramped bus with all our luggage it was insane haha Cali is SOOOOO BEAUTIFUL! I'm in love already. So many different plants and flowers I've never seen in my life. It's speckled with beautiful colors and the hills add so much to the landscape. The weather is perfect. So we drove to the mission home and saw the San Diego temple on the way. I WANNA GOOOOO!
We got the best meal ever since the nasty MTC food. GIANT breakfast burrito with fresh fruit salad and tortilla chips n salsa. SOOOO good. We did some training and quick interviews with the pres. Then we headed to the church for the transfer meeting to get our trainers! All the missionaries were singing called to serve as all the greenies walked in. It was awesome! I was so pumped! I got my trainer, Hermana Schwegler she's awesome. Our mission is so cool we have our own song ;) After that we went straight to work! We had appointments with some less actives and recent converts. It was good they've been pretty accepting of me and help me with my Spanish. We have a goal to get 3 baptisms a transfer.
This is a running mission. Apparently we're like the healthiest mission ever because we run 30 mins every day. It sucks haha
My trainers birthday was the 11th so we went to a recent converts home and they smashed cake in Hermanas face haha they said I'm next in May haha they call me Hermana GoodSlave and they're making me a TShirt hahaha I love this family so much.
We went to visit a woman on the 12th and I invited her to be baptized, my first Spanish invite, and she saiiiiiddddd YES! 11 de Mayo! Hopefully she comes through but it was so amazing. She started crying and said I feel it, I feel it, I feel like I need to be baptized. I pray for her every day. We brought one of our recent converts to a lesson with us, we had a testimony meeting and she bore her testimony for the first time. It was beautiful even though I couldn't understand it all. My first couple contacts were super awkward. I need to not be scared to talk to people lol I have a gift for making things awkward already, now through Jesus into it and people run away. Just kidding they've all been nice. One was a teen we gave a mormon.org card to and the other was two men and one happened to be inactive but said he'd love for us to come by. He's english so we referred him to the english elders. We went to visit a potential investigator and I prayed for a miracle. Turned out the man we were going to see was busy but his 19 yr old son happened to be there. He said he works like 3 jobs and it was a "miracle" we found him home. MIRACLE. We need to teach him. haha then we went back a few days later and he HAPPENED to be home again with his dad. Perfect. Nope. We didn't have another woman so we couldn't teach him even though it was sooooo tempting! But we kept saying we'd be blessed for our obedience haha We've had a few times we've been prompted to go visit someone who ended up really needing us cuz they were having a rough time. So it's been good.
I ate cactus yesterday! It was so good. My first real mexican dinner. Best food in my lifeeee! I loved it :D
I love the mission. I love being here. I love the people. I love everything about it. My life felt like something was missing before, but I feel complete now. I know this is where I'm supposed to be. I can't wait for my language to improve so I can help more people.
I love you all have a great week!
 
Hermana Gutknecht ;)

2 comments:

  1. Dear Hermana Gutknecht,
    Welcome to Southern California! Lesson number...Californians do not call it Cali.... It's California or CA.
    Lesson number two... Real Mexican food is not Taco Bell... lol You will love the real Latino food here. It is such a melting pot for Latino people from south of the border you will soon learn the difference in the foods and love it all.
    Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been saying all along how breathtakingly beautiful it is there in SoCal. A nd alot there call it SoCal. just left there myself

    ReplyDelete